Communications and Marketing Manager
Competitive salary (see Person Spec)
We are looking for a Communications and Marketing Manager to join our team
Westway Community Transport (WCT) is an Exempt Charity and Registered Society that provides social opportunities through the provision of safe, accessible, affordable transport. A user and member-based organisation of over 500 community groups and 2,000 individuals form the society. Operating in the London Boroughs of Kensington & Chelsea, Westminster and Hammersmith & Fulham, it delivers vital transport services to its group membership and to over 1,000 individuals with mobility difficulties.
Set up in 1991 WCT works closely with local communities, residents and local voluntary organisations to make a positive difference to people’s lives. WCT works with its members to design, develop and run appropriate transport services that meet individual needs and those of the community. A well-established Social Enterprise turning over £2M+, we have a team of 63 staff and 30 volunteers, a purpose-built headquarters and a fleet of over 60 vehicles.
Our Communications and Marketing Manager is moving on, so we are looking to recruit a replacement with a fresh outlook to help lead, develop and deliver WCT’s future communications and marketing strategies. The successful candidate will be a self-starter with initiative, able to apply themselves flexibly within a Social Enterprise context serving a very varied customer base.
Reporting to the CEO and her Deputy, the post holder will be expected to work closely with the Management Team and other staff to develop and deliver integrated marketing and communications strategies in support of Westway CT’s objectives. This role will require working on brand management, publications, media and PR, internal and external communications with volunteers, staff, trustees, a broad range of partners and a large customer base.
They will be required to develop, produce and keep up to date a range of appropriate marketing tools, promotional materials and communication methods.
A key element of the role will be to help ensure that Westway CT’s corporate identity remains relevant, protected and maintained.
Experience and skills to include:
• Having worked in a communications and/or marketing role within one of the following: voluntary, public or business sectors
• A demonstrable ability to commit to and to serve an organisation and all its stakeholders in line with its core values and brand
• A demonstrable ability and willingness to work with the CEO, trustees and staff in the implementation and development of the organisation’s stated aims and delivery model(s)
• Evidence of project management/coordination and ability to deliver at an operational level
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally, visually and in writing with people of all ages, backgrounds and abilities
• Ability to organise and manage internal and external events, activities and campaigns
• Ability to lead on the implementation and ongoing management of a CRM system across the organisation
• Experience in using a website CMS (preferably WordPress)
• Ability to implement effective Search Engine Marketing
• Ability to lead and work with others to develop and optimise Westway CT’s website functions to include content, analytics, payments and bookings
• Ability to run Social Platforms for business, such as Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube
• Willingness to use an Email Marketing Platform
• To be a self-starter who can develop the role and learn new tasks quickly as required
• Ability to think, act and communicate effectively and creatively in a personable manner (even when under pressure)
• An energy and passion for improving the lives of disadvantaged individuals and communities
Starting Salary Range (£29,000 – £33,000) depending on skills and experience.
To apply, please submit your CV and a supporting statement/covering letter as part of your application, addressing your experience in relation to the key points in the Communications Marketing Manager Role Description and Person Specification, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org – please do not upload a CV to this website.
Closing date for applications Monday 18th November 2019 at 9 am.
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted to arrange an initial telephone interview for the week beginning the 18th of November, which will decide whether you will be invited to a formal interview w/b 25th November.
Interviews will be held at our offices at Westway CT, 240 Acklam Rd, London W10 5YG and will consist of a panel interview, presentation and a written exercise.
Applicants that have not been contacted by the 22nd November should assume they have not been successful.
Please email your CV and supporting statement/covering letter to email@example.com
Competitive salary (see Person Spec)