FREE MiDAS Training for Volunteers through the third phase of the Innovation Fund
Is your group/organisation suffering from reduced funding and income?
Westway CT understands how difficult it is when there is less money coming in, making transport possibly one of the last priorities on the list for some. Our team have been thinking about what help can be offered to reduce transport costs.
For this reason, Westway CT is now offering MiDAS Training to up-to two of your Volunteers free of charge through a grant provided via Westway CT’s Innovation Fund.
Using a MiDAS trained Volunteer reduces costs by removing the driver charge element when booking a minibus. If you do not use volunteers or do not have one who can drive for you, you can contact your local Volunteer Centre, and they may be able to help by matching your organisation with one of the volunteers on their lists.
How to apply
If you would like to apply for this funding for up to two volunteers to be MiDAS trained, please send us an email or a letter answering the following questions:
• Tell us about your organisation, its purpose, service users, activities and achievements
• Do you use volunteers to support your services? If yes, what do they do?
• Annual Income?
• How often do you use minibus transport?
• Have you ever received any previous grants or funding from Westway CT?
1. Applicants must hold a valid Westway CT Group Transport Membership
2. Training is subject to availability
3. Applicants can put forward a maximum of two volunteers for training
4. Westway CT reserves the right to withdraw this offer at any time
5. This offer has no cash equivalent
6. Once booked, the full original cost for the training will apply to the member group, for a non-attendance trainee
We look forward to hearing from you. If you have any questions regarding this information, please feel free to email or call Anna Porta on 020 8964 4928 (option 5).
History of the Innovation Fund
Phase 1 – 2015/16 Westway CT launched the Innovation Fund, where groups could apply for ‘transport credits’ towards the cost of minibus transport if they were introducing new and innovative projects. Westway CT made £20,000 available to the fund which helped seven groups achieve its goals. The fund was open to groups in Kensington & Chelsea, Westminster and Hammersmith & Fulham groups.
Phase 2 – 2016/17 Westway CT reopened the fund, and the uptake was higher than the previous year.
Phase 3 – 2018, the Innovation Fund is allocated to helping to reduce costs to Group Transport members based in Kensington & Chelsea, Westminster and Hammersmith & Fulham.