Training currently suspended, click for details
The Passenger Assistant Training Scheme (PATS) applies to anyone performing the role of a passenger assistant on a vehicle
PATS is a nationally recognised standard of training for people whose role it is to provide care and assistance, to passengers travelling by road.
If you are paid staff, a volunteer or you are performing the dual role of driver/carer then you will benefit from Passenger Assistant Training.
PATS has five modules:
- Module A: This is the foundation module for all passenger assistants. This module helps you understand your role as a passenger assistant.
The other modules you complete will depend on the needs of the people you are assisting.
You can choose from the following list:
- Module B1: Passenger awareness and assistance – This module covers awareness of passenger needs and how to assist, looking at individuals who don’t use a wheelchair.
- Module B2: Assisting passengers who travel in wheelchairs – B2 covers similar aspects to B1 but focuses specifically on passengers in wheelchairs.
- Module C1: Supervising children and young people with special needs – For PA’s who work with children or young people with special needs.
- Module C2: Working with adults who need care and supervision – PA’s who work with vulnerable adults.
At the end of the course and upon passing the assessment, you will receive a certificate which will be valid for four years.
Available to all individuals.
Our fully accessible Training Centre, based in West London, is fully equipped for all your needs.
We can also travel to your premises for your convenience; in such cases, we will bring the necessary equipment required for training.
Prices for this may vary depending on distance, travel and number of delegates.
If you would like more information, please use our Contact Form. If you would prefer to speak to a member of our Training Solutions Team, please feel free to give us a call on 020 8964 4928 (option 4).