Can you spare an hour, or maybe two to volunteer?
Do you want to give something back to your community? If so volunteering is a great way to do this. You will have the opportunity to give something back to your community, meet people, learn new skills and gain work experience. You can offer as much time as you like, fitting the commitment into your own personal plans. Out-of-pocket expenses are reimbursed and training and support are offered.
Our existing volunteer base spans a large cross section of society and our volunteers vary in age and background, some are retired with spare time on their hands and some are students or have a disability themselves. Most people who volunteer with us are interested in building their confidence and skills for a career change or gaining general work experience for employment.
There are many benefits to volunteering:
- Volunteering can be a hugely rewarding experience
- Volunteers are often the glue that holds a community together
- It’s a great way to make new friends and connect with local people
- You can make your area a better place for people to live in
- Increase your social skills and self-confidence
- Volunteering can provide you with a sense of purpose
- Helps you to stay active
Our team of volunteers contribute to the success of our services in a range of roles, such as Drivers and Passenger Assistants, and every now and then an office based role may become available.
Would you like to try volunteering?
We are currently looking for:
Volunteer Drivers and Travel Buddies to help deliver our Community Car Scheme and the Westminster Community Transport Service